This is a craft that even a toddler can make and
it makes a great
gift for Mom.
Take soap flakes and mix them up with a little
bit of water until it is a pasty consistency. Then you pour it into cookie cutters to form
the shapes and let it dry for a few days. You can add food coloring for color.
Playdough Cut-out Ornaments
Here's a great way to make special holiday (or
any day) keepsakes that kids will enjoy making:
What You Need:
Playdough (see recipe)
Glaze (see recipe)
Poster or Craft Paint
Ribbon or string (for ornaments)
1 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Salt
2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
Food Coloring, any color
1/4 Cup Clear Liquid Glue
1/4 Cup Water
1. Mix flour, oil, water, cream of tartar and food coloring in microwavable dish.
2. Microwave at 70% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute until mixture forms a
ball. Stop cooking immediately.
3. Knead gently to make certain mixture is well blended. Cool slightly.
4. Roll out on wax paper. Make cutouts or patterns. Use toothpick to poke a
hole near top if making ornaments,
5. Place on microwave tray or cover. Microwave 10-12 minutes at 40%-50% power. Cool.
6. Paint with poster or craft paint.
7. After paint dries, glaze with glue/water mixture or spray with polyurethane finish.
8. If making magnets, glue a small magnet to the back, let dry.
Be sure to put your child's initials and date on the back -- they grow up so fast, yet
you'll always have their crafts to remember that special day!
Looking for even more crafts
for kids? Find more than 300 free crafts, recipes &